January 19, 2010

I'm the luckiest boy in the world

Dean Elmore was kind enough and/or crazy enough to have me into his home for dinner one night.

I like to think of myself as the luckiest boy in the world.

As Dean Elmore was talking the entire night I couldn't stop staring at his hand. There was something HUGE on his finger. There was a hole in me that instantly developed. I needed this rock of a ring on my finger in order for me to continue on with life.

Sure enough, because he's Dean Elmore, he delivered.


No one's better than Dean Elmore. Really, he should just run for president. Elmore/Battaglino 2012!

Finally Coach Jack Parker stopped me at tonight's men's basketball game, trying to see what type of reaction I would give upon him saying, "no Jesus!" It's clear that I'm not longer a stable person without Jesus. I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Heckling isn't as fun. Games lose some sort of meaning. I don't have a partner in crime. He was my Yang to his Ying. My peanut butter to his jelly. My finger to his nose. We were a duo and now...we're not. I plan on giving a "goodbye, Jesus" post at some point. I'm waiting for others to write in, but really, I need to let my emotions settle.

All said, none of the teams at BU have ever given up in my four years here, and I'm certainly going hard till the end. See you at any given game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even Brett Bennett deserves to wear that ring more than you do.