March 1, 2009

What A Wonderful Winterfest/AE Tournament Predictions


Last year BU did not win a game during Winterfest. This year the Terriers were undefeated.

I can't say this enough - it's damn good to be a Terrier fan right now.

The women's basketball team crushed my expectations and won the America East regular season crown today. This means that for at least them there will be postseason basketball.

The men's team beat Hartford in what seemed like a painful game to sit through. The Terriers draw UMBC in the first round of the conference tournament. First, here was last year's predictions. This year I'm not being such a homer, and the way I see it - the tournament will probably go down like THIS.

I just don't think BU can beat UVM. I hope more than anything else I'm proven wrong. I'll give regular season awards later this week.

The women's hockey team got their first postseason win in school history, beating Northeastern at home. The Lady Terriers get to play BC now up in UNH.

The men's hockey team continued to dominate, extending their unbeaten streak to 14 games. The final series score against UMass this weekend was 13-5. Last night's Gryba-suck-off-fest during the last 7 minutes of the game was one of the better moments of my fandom. Basically, the entire student section did any and every Gryba cheer possible.

Finally, Sarah Dalton scored 8 goals in a 14-13 BU win. This is insane. I don't even have anthing else to say about that. It's insane that she is as good as she is and insane that William and Mary couldn't prevent her from scoring 8 MFing goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to quit you.

~ Dave Man (no homo)

Anonymous said...

Heres to hoping Albany beats UVM