December 9, 2008

Some Kind of Weekend

It started with a game that felt like kissing your sister on Friday night:



Then Corey Lowe decided to just go off for a career-high 36, leaving him with just 22 points from 1,000. He wants to hit it at home on Wednesday night. I have little doubt that he will.

Even with those 36, BU lost. At Agganis of course. (@ Agganis 0-2, @ Case 1-0)

Later that night I attended Conte Forum in what was one of the best hockey games I've ever been to.

It was great hockey. Fast, full of hits, and intense. At one point in the second period I couldn't help but think of this:



It was gettin' pretty crowded in there with all the penalties and Brian Strait 10 minute misconduct. A penalty shot, a huge hit on Jason Lawrence, and a goal as time expired. Sensational.



1-1-1. All in all it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed beating BC for the first time since the 2007 Beanpot. I'd take a redo in Case against Marshall if I could.

It's alright though. I look forward to a special game/night for Corey Lowe tomorrow night. And I look forward to the women going for 16 straight in Case gym this evening.

No comments: