November 30, 2008

We're Back!!! Ahhhh!!1!

Ahhh, it’s been a while. It’s been a while (for me) because sometimes you get swamped with work and projects and then you just have to go to Turks & Caicos and do absolutely nothing for days, get seafood risotto for Thanksgiving dinner, and dodge the day crappy football games (the first two at least) like the plague, only because you don’t get NFL network at your resort.


But I’m back. Jesus should be returning soon.

We missed out on the standard Tuesday/Saturday 3rd week in November hockey games, but life will go on. These were the first regular season games we’ve missed in our time here. We were hoping for perfect attendance ☹. However, we did manage to make it to “The Battle for Boston” last week at Northeastern. I guess Boston University owns Boston, because both men’s and women’s basketball teams played a far superior level than the Huskies and earned two “W’s” for their efforts.

It was AWESOME being there, and having the Terriers shut up the overweight Northeastern student fanbase. The entire men’s game, well until the Terriers started pulling away, there was non-stop heckling, coming my way in the form of, “Hot dog, I hear your mom makes your toppings,” and “Hot dog, hot dog, hot dog, hot dog, hot dog.” I swear, one guy in the upper regions of Matthews had to have said my name upwards of 50 times during the game and halftime. I did not let him reach orgasm by acknowledging him though. Poor, unloved, NU student. One day you’ll find a nice Husky (girl) to settle down. Perhaps (probably not).

I <3 going to Matthews, only cause it’s such an experience and it makes me feel a lot better about my own life, no matter how sloppy it may be at the time. It’s the only place in Boston where the people can treat you like dog-do and you still feel like an emperor of a small African country.

Beyond the heckling of me, the highlight of the game was developing the Jake O’Brien fight song, every time he scores. Really, it’s stolen from his high school counterparts who showed up at the game – every time he scored (which was a lot against NU) one person counts quickly to four, at which point “John, Jacob, Jinglehiemer Smth” is chanted. Words can’t describe how magical the whole experience truly is. I’m hoping JOB goes off John Holland vs. Hartford style at some point this year, because I can’t get enough of going frigin’ nuts with that song - so much glory. To be fair, Jake’s high school friends gave us permission, along with Jake, so you better believe it’s being sung for every field goal.

Why that song you ask? Well, Jake’s real name is John and his nickname is Jake. Now it makes sense, doesn’t it?

Anyways, we’re back from break, and ready to blog hardcore about BU sports. No doubt we’ve slacked, and I’ve said this before, but we are here, without fear, ready to blog far and near (you see what I did there. I rhymed!)

BU sports kick it into full gear starting Wednesday – BU men’s basketball at Harvard, women’s basketball at home against Yale. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO AND WHO TO WATCH!!!! Input?

1 comment:

J. Manuel said...

travel to harvard. thats where im going