July 2, 2008

The Hot Dog and Jesus Awards Day 16


COLTON: My 2nd day, your 16th day. It's getting intense and it's all kind of like that Phil Collins song - I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord. And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord. Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord.


That was beautiful if I can say so myself.

*Crowd is puzzled. However, some people, mostly in the cheap seats, were into it.*

We have to be moving on to our next presenter for what I want to say is a rather big category. Yeah, it's real big. Some might question why it's not on the last day, but I will not. I mean, it is usually the last award at an event like the ESPY's, but whatever - Hot Dog and Jesus do it a bit differently, I've learned that this past year.

Anyways, here is the next presenter - to some he's known as the only black guy at BU, when in actuality he's not even really black, I think. I JUST DON"T KNOW!!! Let's just say he's black to prove a point to Northeastern. Anyway, he's the most lovable BUIM worker there is or has ever been and what's even better is he wears a sweater vest to hockey games - MANNY!!!

*Crowd goes absolutely crazy upon hearing MANNY is presenting*


MANNY: Whatup whatup to my people all across the lands. We be here representin' what Hot Dog and Jesus feel deserve to be recognizin'. Pretty much that's just been individuals, places, and moments thus far, so today is a little different - we be recognizin' a team today - the team that embodied BU athletics to the utmost degree this last year. I wish it was intramural teams included cause I gotta say, there were some teams that showed some real spirit this year - even though they all just play for a t-shirt that could be stolen anytime from the 2nd floor FitRec closet.

Put that aside, here are your nominees for the Best Team in Terrier sports this past year:

Men's Basketball

Women's Basketball

Men's Hockey

Women's Lacrosse

Women's Field Hockey

All worthy of a Hot Dog and Jesus award if you ask me, but hey, I'm not the judge of this whole thing. Yo lil' babyboy - gimme a drum roll -


The winner for the Best Team in the 2007-2008 athletic year is...


WOMEN'S LACROSSE!!!

Accepting the award on behalf of the Lacrosse team is captain Lauren Morton:

*With the entire team on stage behind her*


MORTON: Hey ya'll, we have to thank Hot Dog and Jesus first and foremost, because they're the ones choosing the awards. We have to thank our fans who supported us the entire year and stuck by our sides. We want to thank our coaches for pushing us so hard in definetely one of our most successful years ever. It was a great year and this award just caps it all off. Thanks!


COLTON: Wow, wonderful. Those ladies, I gotta say, they're something special. They bring a special feeling to me, right here *points to heart* and right here *points to crotch region. Crowd laughs.* My vote woulda been for the BU dance team, but eh, what can you do when they're not even nominated? Gypped? I think so.

Folks it was an exciting day. It's gotta end though as we move to tomorrow, the last day of the Hot Dog and Jesus awards - tomorrow. 2 awards left, who's going home with the award for the best male and female athlete? I guess we'll all know by day's end. Take care everyone. 

No comments: