June 28, 2008

The Hot Dog and Jesus Awards Day 13


JONAH: Back again, Hot Dog and Jesus Lifetime Achievement award winner Jonah here again for day number 13 of the Hot Dog and Jesus awards. As the ceremony winds down the awards really heat up - 5 days left and 6 awards. People, it doesn't get much better than this.


Enough dilly-dallying, let's get to today's award. To tell us about this award and the nominees I present to you one exceptional human being. He's been called the man that can do anything and everything - in England he's known as King Spectacular - he's the head of the Dog Pound - Mr. Michael Salem.


SALEM: Hello my friends. It really is an honor and a pleasure to be here. I really enjoy seeing everyone come together as a unit in this spirited award ceremony. It's fun, is it not? I could go on and on talking about this past year in Terrier sports, but I'll refrain. I'm here for one thing and one thing alone. Well, I want to enjoy everyone and everything, but I have to present to you this award. Today's award is for the Best Coach. The winner isn't necessarily the most successful coach, or most liked, or even most distinguished. The best coach embodies Terrier sports and what it is to strive for the best in every single way. Ladies and gentlemen, here are the nominees for the Best Coach in this past year:


Coach Brian Durocher, Women's Ice Hockey

Coach Liz Robertshaw, Women's Lacrosse

Coach Jack Parker, Men's Ice Hockey

Coach Dennis Wolf, Men's Basketball

Coach Kelly Greenberg, Women's Basketball

I can tell this was an incredibly close contest. All coaches, very deserving of this wonderful Hot Dog and Jesus award, but only one can win. So without further ado, drum roll baby, please...



He's so happy isn't he? Okay, so the winner for Best Coach of the Year is...

COACH KELLY GREENBERG!!!


GREENBERG: Wow, thank you for the award Michael. Thank you Hot Dog and Jesus for your continued support throughout the year. I try to put an entertaining and successful product out on the court and I'm glad that people can enjoy it. I hope next year we can continue our success with another undefeated season in Case gymnasium. If I believe, I sure hope you believe as well. Thank you everybody!


JONAH: I feel great for Coach Greenberg. She really deserved it after winning every single game at Case. Really, ain't that enough?

Well, unfortunately that is the final award for the day, but it is not the final piece of entertainment. To take us out tonight and lead us into to tomorrow we're going to have a special presentation. To sing "God Bless America," "The National Anthem," and "Bohemian Rhapsody" is Mr. John Condakes. His voice cures cancer, so if you have cancer and you're in the audience here at Garrett Coliseum, you're in luck. For those of you who don't know who John is I might ask you to refer to your Charlie Card - yes he is on the Charlie Card.


Enjoy everybody and we'll see you tomorrow.


*John's voice brings the entire audience to tears. Not a single person is not crying.*

No comments: