May 29, 2008

2008-2009 Hockey Schedule Released

This is two days late, but OMG!!!!!1!
Click to enlarge


Damn, this schedule is strong. Almost...too strong. Could next years record be worse than this past years? (No) Because Brett Bennett is gone!

In my 2 years at BU I've only missed one home hockey game. I hit up every single game during every break. And in fairness, the one game I missed was a game 3 playoff game, where I chose the women's basketball team over them.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss at least 2 next season. Thanksgiving break - I'm actually doing something, and I will be missing that 25/29th game. Two interesting matchups - Holy Cross/St. Lawrence. Then I have no idea what's going to be going on during winter break. In the past two years the winter break games have always been early in January. This year being on the 10th/13th, I'm not sure what I'll do. Only time will tell, but at least I'll be seeing some damn good opponents and hopefully some damn good hockey throughout the entire year! And the potential of playing Holy Cross twice in one year! Woa!!!1!

Will there be a Midnight Madness/Mania...whichever one is hockey? If so, will it be in September??

That Sunday 2pm game is interesting. I hope that enough students have beat their hang overs by that point.

I reread my comments I've made on the hockey teams and well, to me, to my friends, to others I know, that is the general consensus about how they act around campus. Granted, they are D1 athletes, but I don't see why they act a little more...friendly. If you're a hot female/freshman you may be thinking, well, they're all awfully friendly to me, and hell, of course they are. But for the real fans, us d00ds who go to game after game, I don't know, I feel like we're taken for granted. I can bitch and moan about this really minuscule, overblown (by me) aspect of the team, but I don't think I should anymore.

They're here to play hockey, I'm here to cheer for them. It shouldn't matter if they're waving hi to me on the street, and I'm not gonna let it matter. Carry on.

No comments: