April 4, 2008

BU Dance Team Tournament Day 10 - #6 Rachel Scott vs. #5 Grace Lam

The final four is 3/4 complete after Sarah Shelton's dominant victory over Jaime Beith in the Southeast (Montgomery, AL) regional.


The freshmen have had great success in the tournament thus far, going 3-1 with one representative in the Final Four. The seniors, on the other hand, have gone 1-3 with Grace as the only representative left.

Once again, before you look into the bios/pictures I remind you to keep the following factors in mind when determining a winner:

- Dancing abilities
- Spirit
- How well you think she cooks
- Smile
- Skills in a mud wrestling cage fight
- Driving abilities
- Provided bio



Don't they look so happy? Too bad one will lose tonight.


#6 Rachel Scott
Name: Rachel Scott (a.k.a. Scottie)
Number: 6
Hometown: Unadilla, NY
Education: CAS '11 - Sociocultural Anthropology with a minor in creative writing...tentatively, as of now
Dance Background: Ten years of studio training
Campus Involvement: BUDT
Favorite BUDT Memory: BUDT sleepover...even though I'm sure this will change since the year is just beginning!
Interesting Fact: I'm part Cherokee
Career Plans: Being a perpetual student until I find my life calling
Fresh off of a tight victory of Kate "No-Neck" Stanton, Rachel looks to keep the hot streak up.

I once heard a rumor that Rachel always leaves notes if she gets into an accident with an unattended car. Couldn't we all learn a thing or two from that?

Andrew Jackson may not have been a big fan of Rachel Scott's part-Cherokee decent, but let's be serious, Ulysses Grant made it on a higher bill than our lovely yet racist 7th president.

I think I should stop talking before I offend anyone else. Here are some pictures to help sway your decision (Click that jawn to enlarge):

#6 Grace Lam
Name: Grace Lam
Number: 5
Hometown: San Marino, CA
Education: SMG '08 - Business Administration, concentration in Finance
Dance Background: Started dancing at the age of 3, training in ballet, pointe, and jazz at Pasadena Civic Ballet Centre. I began taking hip-hop classes in high school at Athletic Garage and the Edge. I was a 4-year member of the SMHS Dance Co. of which I was Student Choreographer my junior and senior year. I danced as a member of the chorus and was the Assistant Choreographer for my high school musicals Chicago and The Wiz. I was a 2-year member of the Varsity Pep Squad and served as captain of the Song Squad.
Campus Involvement: Alpha Phi Sorority (undisclosed 'til after recruitment), Rho Gamma, Beta Alpha Psi
Favorite BUDT Memory: Going "around the world" at Nationals freshman year at Disneyworld, the creation of the Legacy, jammin' out to "Hey Baby" at the end of each basketball game,
Interesting Fact: I used to get paid to play the harp at weddings and other functions,
Career Plans: I'll be working as an ERS consultant for Deloitte based out of LA starting Aug 2008

Grace is the captain of the BU Dance Team. She enjoys long walks on the beach and indoor Badminton.

Ok, I made that up. Grace hails from California and she once used the word "bomb" as an adjective. AN ADJECTIVE. That was 4 months ago, but I'm still trying to figure out what it means. Grace also took home the 2007-2008 category for "Female Asian Willis Hong." That is a rather prestigious award, and if you don't know who Willis Hong is, please kill yourself. Or compare your life to Willis Hong and kill yourself.


At any rate, here are some pictures of Grace (again, click that jawn):

The winner gets a trip to the Final Four. Show no mercy.

3 comments:

The Hot Dog said...

Rachel Scott for Hobey.

Miranda said...

Hot Dog, why did you crop Big Papi out of the picture with grace?! I think that would help sway voters :)

Drake Tungsten said...

I think you should make a losers bracket of this tournament and call it the "Win a date with Drake" bracket. I'm a worthy consolation prize. I drive a Dodge Stratus.