March 28, 2008

BU Dance Team Tournament Day 4 - #14 Kate Stanton vs. #6 Rachel Scott

Yesterdays matchup was not all that close. These results always come as a surprise to Jesus and I. You crazy voters. Anyways, Jaime Beith advanced with 70% of the vote. The bracket now looks like this:

Your matchup today is as follows:

A recent conversation between Jesus and I:

"This matchup is two number one seeds against each other. Basically." - Jesus
"It's unfair that anyone would have to choose between these two. What a slap in the face from your dad." - Hot Dog

Yes, truly, it saddens me that once again, someone must lose. Today's matchup will put some of the finest of the underclassmen against each other. Godspeed.

Once again, before you look into the bios/pictures I remind you to keep the following factors in mind when determining a winner:

- Dancing abilities
- Spirit
- How well you think she cooks
- Smile
- Skills in a mud wrestling cage fight
- Driving abilities
- Provided bio

Keeping all this in mind I present to you the competitors:

#14 Kate Stanton


Name: Kate Stanton (a.k.a. Stannie)
Number: 14
Hometown: Leicester, MA...also known as L-Town or Lei-chester (not that its the correct pronunciation :-P)
Education: CAS '10 - undecided
Dance Background: I danced at Dance Techniques in Spencer, MA for ten years. I was trained in ballet, pointe, jazz, lyrical, modern, and hip-hop. I also taught classes there and continue to guest teach. This is my second year on BUDT and I love it!
Favorite BUDT Memory: Nationals 2007! Eating at T's after basketball games, practice, basically any time all the time! "And we're marching..."
Interesting Fact: I'm taking Arabic and can write your name in it sometime if you would like. I have wings on my back...not real ones. I have a dog named Booger who is very true to his name. I own a pair of multicolored striped leggings
Career Goals: I couldn't tell you as of now. All I know is that I like to help people and that has always been a major goal for me and a value that I will certainly take into account when choosing a career.

This all comes from her provided bio.

Bonus points for being Corey Lowe's girlfriend. Just sayin'. I hardly ever hear Kate referred to as "Kate." It's really always "Stannie." I find it ironic that this matchup is also between two girls who are constantly called by their nicknames. Each ending in "ie.

Kate is also a recurring character on the BUTV show "Warren Towers." You will also notice Kate has angel wings on her back. Literally.

And now for your convenience, some more pictures of Kate (Click to enlarge):

#6 Rachel Scott


Name: Rachel Scott (a.k.a. Scottie)
Number: 6
Hometown: Unadilla, NY
Education: CAS '11 - Sociocultural Anthropology with a minor in creative writing...tentatively, as of now
Dance Background: Ten years of studio training
Campus Involvement: BUDT
Favorite BUDT Memory: BUDT sleepover...even though I'm sure this will change since the year is just beginning!
Interesting Fact: I'm part Cherokee
Career Plans: Being a perpetual student until I find my life calling

This all comes her provided bio.

There you have it. Rachel Scott is part Indian. (Don't) Consider that when voting.

Rachel isn't really called Rachel, she's called "Scottie." This has always been a little weird to me because Scottie is a name you call your 4-year-old nephew who likes to eat clay and glue. Nonetheless, Rachel is a female, better looking version of the 4-year-old (possible) kleptomaniac "Scottie."

For your liking, here are some more pictures of Rachel (Click to enlarge):


Only you can choose who moves onto the Elite 8. Pick carefully!

Voting is now over. Congratulations to Rachel Scott who won with only 51% of the vote in most voted in match up yet. Rachel moves onto the second round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh ya Stannie is much hotter that the other chicka. And cuter too :)